Periods or menstruation cycle is that time of the month when every woman feels irritated, or miserable due to sudden mood swings, excessive flow, and other problems. Most of the women reported the problems they face during that time of the month is abdominal pain, cramps, tiredness, backache, headache or what not. It is the problem of every month and only healthy eating can help you get the relief. Here is the list of foods that every woman should have during their periods to relieve the cramps or other symptoms.
- Dark Chocolates: No doubt, chocolates are true mood elevators and you will be more than happy to hear that it help you get relief from the period’s pain. It’s very easy to digest and sugar content in it gives your cramps a great relief. So make them your best friend to deal with the condition, but limit the quantity to control any adverse effect.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: The level of iron in your body gets decreased during the periods, which leads to pain or cramps. Therefore, it is important to include leafy green vegetables in your diet as they are a rich source of iron that your body needs the most during that time of the month.
- Bananas: They are a rich source of potassium and a number of other vitamins that relive the cramps pain during the periods. Therefore, having it regularly is important to improve your diet and to ease all its symptoms to deal with the condition.
- Green Tea: It is full of antioxidants, and it is a must during the periods. Instead of going for caffeine, you should go for the green tea, as it will relax your muscles and give you big time relief from the cramps.
- Water: Water must be on your list whether you were at that time of the month or not because it keeps your body hydrated, which is important especially in periods. It helps you deal with the bloating and even ease more of your pain.
- Yogurt: Last but not least on the list is yogurt that you need to increase in your regular diet plan. It’s a great source of calcium that reduces PMS and relaxes your muscles too. But make sure you don’t add so much sugar or sugary substances in it, as it may reverse the effects.
These common foods may help you manage the period’s symptoms and give you relief from the pain during that time. So, stop PMSing and enjoy your periods or menstruation cycle like any other day.